Monsoon Valley Wine Dinner at Siam Heritage in Tokyo
During this year’s Songkran, we had the opportunity to host a Monsoon Valley Wine Dinner at the Siam Heritage Thai restaurant in Tokyo, Japan, with esteemed guests including Japanese wine columnists, Thai food teachers, and general customers.
Prior to the event, our team got together to ensure that the food served at the wine dinner was up to standard and reflective of the diversity of Thai cuisine. The classic Thai dishes served that day were Miang Khum, Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls, Shrimp soaked in Fish Sauce, Tom Yum with tendon soup, Shrimp sautéed with Bamboo in Red Sauce, Beef steak with Thai sauce, and Thai Fried Rice. Looking at the menu that day, many wondered whether it would be possible to pair such complex and diverse Thai dishes with Monsoon Valley wines, and we’re happy to report that not only was our Monsoon Valley team up to the challenge, the food pairing progressed with good success.
Food pairing list:
- Monsoon Valley Blended White paired with Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Monsoon Valley White Shiraz paired with Shrimp soaked in Fish Sauce
- Monsoon Valley White Shiraz & Monsoon Valley Blended Red paired with Tom Yum with tendon soup
- Monsoon Valley Blended Red paired with Shrimp sautéed with Bamboo in Red Sauce
- Monsoon Valley Shiraz paired with Beef Steak with Thai sauce
- Monsoon Valley Colombard paired with Thai Fried Rice